Self-Unemployed Notebook

Some thoughts on the working world from someone who has decided enough is enough, quit a large law firm and, for now, is happily self-unemployed. Permission is also reserved to observe (and perhaps rant) on general life.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Making the alma mater proud

I'm back from a 3 week hiatus from my home-bound self-unemployment. For the first time, I saw the California coast and how amazing it is (especially the Big Sur drive)!

After such a trip, I had a funny feeling when I returned home. I was hemorrhaging. Hemorrhaging money, that is. Naturally, I look to my cups and buckets of loose change lying around that seemed negligible when I was working. My regard for those coins change ended yesterday when I joined with a friend who has also recently quit his law firm job to take our change to a free coin changing machine. My "take" was fairly paltry compared to his total which set a new record at the bank branch we visited.

As we toted my box of change and his two backpacks of coins to the bank, we said,

"We both went to one of the most prestigious law schools in the country. Now, we have both quit our jobs and are spending our time seeking out a free coin changing machine and dragging bags and boxes of loose change in the middle of the afternoon. This is definitely going in the alum magazine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home